Andong Soju Museum
Andong Soju Museum
- 280, Susang-Dong, Andong, N-Gyeongsang Province
- Andong soju has a rich history dating back hundreds of years. The history and culture of Andong Soju in Gyeongsangbuk-do Province led to its designation of Intangible treasure No.12. Residents continue working to preserve the history of soju in the area and to pass on the rich traditions to future generations. Andong soju is 45% proof alcohol. The pureness of the alcohol gives few negative side effects the following day.
Andong soju is manufactured right at the museum, making the museum’s appearance a bit like a factory. Once inside the museum, one can view the process of making Andong soju as well as other unique foods from this region. Queen Elizabeth's memorable birthday visit to the Andong area included a visit to the Andong Soju Museum. Visitors can view a special area that was used to celebrate the queen’s birthday; the room has been kept in the same condition as it was when the queen came. If large groups make reservations in advance, group members may participate in the process of making Andong soju. Soju is sold at wholesale prices at the Andong soju museum and is very popular with foreign tourists.
- Local Transportation
- Local city bus : In front of the Andong Intercity Bus Terminal, Cross the street here, where you will find the Andong Elementary School’s main gate. To the west side of the main gate you can take local city bus #34 or #36. Get off at the Andong Soju Museum. Approximately a 15 minute ride.
Taxi: Approximately a 10 minute taxi ride form Andong Intercity Bus Terminal.
- Detailed Info
- Hours : Monday ~ Saturday, 9:00 a.m. ~ 5:30 p.m.
Closed : Sundays. National holiday
Free : admission
Telephone number :
+82-54-6800 (English, Chinese, Japanese)
homepage : www.andongsoju.com (English, Japanese, Chinese)
- Today : 22 | Total : 37,279
- Copyright (c) 2004 by Andong City All rights reserved.